UMA Home page for Andrea Simonetto
Phone +33 18 187 2117
I work at the intersection of optimization and learning for large-scale and streaming data, with a number of application domains as smart grids, intelligent transportation, personalized health, and quantum computing. Things that I am currently working on
- Online algorithms for time-varying optimization problems (prediction-correction, correction-only, feedback-based).
- Personalized optimization with Gaussian Processes.
- Online algorithms for dynamic ridesharing and shared mobility.
- Optimization algorithms on quantum computers.
- Applications: smart grids, intelligent transportation, personalized health, quantum computing.
- Convex and non-convex optimization: both from a theoretical perspective and algorithmic implementation. Recent works include prediction-correction algorithms to track the solution trajectory of time-varying convex programs. Older works include networked SDP convex relaxations of certain classes of non-convex programs.
- Distributed optimization, especially in connection with robotic and wireless sensor networks.
- Control theory in the context of distributed control design, model predictive control, embedded control systems.
- Signal processing: distributed estimation, sparse reconstructions, compressive sensing, wireless sensor network localization, sensor selection, graph signal processing.
- Parallel computing in the context of nonlinear estimation and specifically particle filtering.